The truth on Fairytale creatures

Chapter one. Witches.
    "Have a good day at school, Trissa!" my Mom called to me as I walked down the street to the bus stop for school. A few kids going the same way snickered and I felt my face turning tomato red. I didn't respond to her, but I looked at the sky and willed her to stop.
   Of course she didn't. She suddenly yelled out for the whole world to hear "Trissa! Did you remember your extra panties?" and the kids behind me started to laugh and I slouched.
   I was relieved when the school bus came and I could block out my Mom's calls to me and sat down. The bus went a few blocks down and picked up a few more kids. One was a girl with black clothes and electric green hair. Her skin was olive colored and she had acne. Her eyes were back and she was skinny. She sat down next to me and I took out my notebook and wrote down Witches. What about them? They are the most evil things in this world, with glowing yellow and red eyes and-
   But here I had to stop because the girl sitting next to me (who I realized was reading over my shoulder) said "That's not true."
   I looked at her and said "What?"
   "About Witches. It's not true. My mom's a Witch. I'm a Wickrey." she said "That's why my hair is green. My Dad's a Fayrey. Anyway, Witches aren't evil, they just can't channel their magic in the same way Fairies can." I noted the way she said Fayrey like  Fay-REE and Fairies like Fair-EE.
   "What's the difference?" I asked. "Between a Fayrey and a Fairy?"
   "Fayries can't fly and are human sized. They marry Witches and Warlocks. Fairies are about as big as my thumb and can fly around. Witches can shrink and grow, but can only fly on certain things." she said.
   "Riiiiight. Great." I said. I went back to my story.
   "Listen! This is important!" said the girl. She stood at the next stop and sat in the row behind me. "Fairytale creatures are real!"
   "No, they're not." I said.
   "Look," said the girl. She took a slip of paper out of her pocket and said "Come over to my place after school. I'll show you. Oh, and I know it looks made up." and I took the paper. I looked at it. It said:
Alycia Katerzyna
777 Yellowbrick Street, FW
 I turned to tell her that this address didn't exist, but she was gone.

3 comments:

  1. Hey it's Elphaba! This is so cool!

    Keep on keeping on,
    Sarah
    xox
    theonwiththeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete