Library Guy: A Poem

Library Guy: A Poem
By Myla


"Hi.
Yeah I'm checking out.
Here's my card.
Thanks.
So...
Come here often?
Cool.
So...
You work here?
Cool.
I've been coming here since I was 5.
Yeah.
I love books.
You too?
Cool.
I'm that girl you see who can't see over her pile of books in her arms.
As you can tell...
Obviously.
Favorite genre?
I love everything.
Mystery.
Horror.
Poetry.
ROMANCE.
Favorite authors?
Meg Cabot.
Ellen Hopkins.
Lauren Myracle.
The dude who wrote Sherlock Holmes.
Arthur Conan Doyle?
Cool.
I love the movies too.
Yeah.
Hope they do a third.
Yeah.
Robert Downy Jr. is awesome.
Yeah.
I think I have something waiting for me in the back.
Something on hold?
Cool.
I'll wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Awesome.
I've been waiting for this.
You don't have to give me receipt.
I know when everything is due.
I'm Library Girl, remember?
DVDs next week, and books in two weeks.
Yep.
So...
See you next Tuesday?
Cool.
Bye."










If only it could've gone that way.



Sigh.

8 comments:

  1. PS. I am NOT (I repeat NOT) trying to copy Lady Elisbeth's poem in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PSS. True story and damn was he cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO you. I've helped you carry books out to the car.
    You have to tell me about this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall tell you when I see you on Tuesday if you remind me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly the conversation was more like "hi. Thanks" sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do you get all the guys?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do you get all the guys?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL this was the source of my first laugh today! :D

    ReplyDelete