Chapter 1 Friends From All Sides

“Do something funny.” Tom smiled and jumped of the side of the mountain.
“Tom!” She ran to edge and looked down. There he was, showing of again. Tom flew in a circle around her.
“I always forget you can do that.”
“Way don't you join me?” Tom said with a smile. She crossed her arms and stomped her foot.
“You know I can't fly!”
“Sorry, forgot you haven't learned yours yet. C'mon, let's head back.” He grabbed her hand and they shot into the sky.
When they got back it was dark. They said goodbye, and went to there dorms. In the morning, Tom met up with Jake and Colin in there dorm.
“Hay! Tom!” Yelled Jake as he ran up to him. “You'll never figure out what happened wall you were on a date with Lauren.”
“It wasn't a date!” Tom yelled.
“Okay, okay. Calm down man. All I wanted to say was, I got it!”
“Really? Wow good for you. Mind me asking what yours is?”
“I got, drumroll please, invisibility.” He vanished. “Cool, huh!” Colin walked over, and put his hand on Jake's shoulder. Jake became visible again.
“He's been bragging all day. You guys are so lucky. I wish I knew mine.” He looked down. Colin and Lauren were now the only ones that didn't have their powers yet. Colin went back to his bed and sat down.
“Oh c'mon buddy. You'll fined it at some point.” Said Jake. “Don't worry, you know you have one. You just don't have a strong one, so it will take a long time before you can get it.”
“Thanks Jake.” Jake smiled.
“Happy to help!”
“Guys!” yelled Tom. “Will you shut up! I mean really, you have to fight?!” Jake looked at Colin.
“We're not fighting, are we?” Colin nodded. Jake laughed.
“Man, you had me fooled. I thought that you were joking with me, sorry.” Colin half smiled. He was never really there.
Lauren was waiting outside for them. She was leaning against the wall, her arms crossed.
“What took you so long? You said that you would come right out. I've been waiting for 30 minutes!”
“Um, Lauren? It's been like 10. Are you alright?” asked Jake.
“No, I counted.”
“That's creepy,” said Tom, and she gave him the stink eye. “What? It is.” she looked away from him and back to her brother Jake.
“Well, I don't think I added 20 minutes. You must have some sort of explanation for this.” Jake nodded.
“Time, it's your power.”
“Somehow I have trouble believing that,” Said Tom, and he slapped himself. “Ow! I didn't do that.”
“I did.” Said Lauren. They all looked at her. “I can move things with my mind. I have had this ability for a month. But I never wanted to tell anyone.”
“But Lauren, you could have been training this hole time! Why'd you wait?” Asked Jake. She shrugged.
“I guess I didn't want to be treated like I need help.”
“But you do.” Said Tom and he slapped himself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment