Noya and the Black Lion

   Yes, this is once again one of the versions of Beauty and the Beast I am working on. It's called Noya and the Black Lion. This is a part of the first chapter. But please remember that this (as well as any of my other stories) is COPYRIGHTED!!!


Chapter one
    My name is Noya Mairwen Adir. I travel with my family all over the world. I have a very large family. I am the youngest of twelve children. I have five brothers and six cousins. They like to play tricks on me all the time, but I'm used to it. I know they don't mean anything by it. It's just harmless jokes. My mother tells me to ignore them. I do, but they just don't go away.
    I am eighteen and I am the only girl born to my mother. I have three girl cousins.
    One day, it started to rain. We were no strangers to rain, but this was more like a hurricane. We had to run for cover. When the storm quieted a little, my father said “I'm going to go see the damage. I'll be back.” and he left.
    We waited all day. No sign of him. We waited a day, but he didn't come back.
“I'll go after him.” I announced. I packed a bag, despite my family's protests. I packed only a few things. My playing cards, my flute (playing music what the only things, other than drawing, that I was good at) and a book. I loved to read. I also packed my journal and my pure gold pen. It held blue ink and it was my favorite. It was a family heirloom. Then I packed some food.
    “Noya, are you sure you want to go?” asked my mother as I pulled on my knee high boots.
    “Yes, Mother. I'll be fine.” I said.
    “Famous last words.” muttered my uncle. I tried to get angry, but I failed miserably. Instead, I laughed and kissed his cheek.
    “I'll be fine. I'll find Father and come back. I love you.” I said and I kissed my mother. I walked to the entrance of the cave and waved good-bye to my brothers and cousins.
    I followed my father's trail. I was good at following trails. It went on and on. I saw wolf tracks too.
It got very dark and I whispered “Where are you?” and I ran on. I suddenly heard growls from behind me. I stopped and slowly turned around. Wolves. A whole pack of them. My eyes widened. I pulled out my ivory knife and backed away slowly, careful not to look any of them in the eye. Then, I turned and ran as fast as I could. I tripped over the hem of my dress and I fell over. A wolf grabbed my ankle and I fell over. I took my knife and I thrust it at the wolf. My ankle wasn't hurt because of my boots.
    I saw a very large gate and I walked over to it. I went in and just as some wolves gained on me, I shut the gate and then snarled at me. I breathed heavily. I stood and turned around. I gasped. I had heard about castles and palaces in stories, but I never thought I would ever be able to see one.
    I walked to the door and knocked. Nothing. I opened the door and walked in slowly, on the alert. I scanned the room. No one. I entered and shut the door behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment