Nate Blackwall Part 5 (Anna-Christina's POV)

(Part one, part two, part three, part four, part five.)


I was hugely nervous. I had spent at least twenty minutes redoing my hair a thousand different ways, before finally just brushing it down and slapping on a plastic hair clip I'd had since I was eight.
Then I couldn't decide what to wear.
It seems really shallow, but I really liked Nate. He was sweet and geeky, and perfectly sarcastic. When he'd asked me to go out with him, I was caught off guard completely.


"Annie!" My mom called up the stairs. "Your date's here!"
Crap! I thought. I wasn't wearing a shirt. I quickly scrambled to put on something, and dashed downstairs, simultaneously putting on a cardigan.
"Coming!" I shouted.


"Hi Nate."
He smiled. I was glad to see he was just as nervous as I. 
"You look really nice," he said quietly. Thank god, I thought, but I smiled and said,
"Thanks. I like your shirt." He was wearing a pair of jeans and an Iron Man shirt that I'd seen him wear to school before.
 I smiled a bit remembering the time he wore on a day we were watching a film in class.
The lights went down, and his shirt lit up, so the health teacher kicked him out of class.
I had wished MY shirt glowed, so I wouldn't have to sit through a movie about STDs.


"Don't stay out to late..." my Mom said worriedly. I told her we'd be fine and she shut the door.
Nate grinned at me.
"So what does your mom have against Iron Man?" he asked. I chuckled. "If you'd worn a Captain America shirt, she'd be convinced you were the greatest thing since the internet." My mom's a big believer in "American values," the kind that involve guns and smart-ass boys not getting anywhere near her daughter.

I linked his arm in mine and smiled. I asked where we were going.
"I was thinking ice cream and a surprise," Nate said mischievously. I raised my eyebrows.
"How wonderfully surprising."

We headed off for the ice cream place in town, practically skipping.

I love the ice cream parl r so much. When I was a little kid my mom would take me there and we'd get chocolate ice cream in cups with cones squished on top. I still liked the same thing, but now I chose Mexican chocolate instead.

I wanted to stay inside the shop for a little while and chat or something, but as soon as we picked up our ice creams, Nate pulled me out of the store.
"We have to keep moving!"he said frantically.
"Why?" I demanded.
He turned to me. "I don't want to miss it!"
I would have asked what, but before i could say anything, Nate grabbed my hand and hurried through the streets, dodging people and cars, going faster as the sunset progressed.
"NATE! Where are you taking me!" I shouted.
"It's a surprise!" he yelled back grinning like a lunatic.

Finally he stopped at the park. I gasped. The sun was setting right over the pond, setting the trees ablaze with a golden glow.
"It's like wonderland," I whispered, staring into Nate's smiling eyes. I squeezed his hand. He leaned in closer to me, and shyly kissed my cheek.
I blushed, and kissed him. His lips were soft, and he tasted like strawberry swirl ice cream.




No comments:

Post a Comment