Harry Potter Fanfiction. P1

   So, I've been starting this story I've been wanting to write for a very long time. It's told in first person, unlike the Harry Potter books. (I'm horrible in writing third person.)
   Anyway, I hope you like it! Oh, yeah. If you haven't read all the Harry Potter books, you're in for SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Prologue


    A man walked around a forest in Albania. He looked around for some time, before starting to head back to his room.
       But that's when he saw it. He stared at it for some time. It... It was... A baby. Then it was a grown woman. Then it was a baby again.
A woman was trapped inside of a glass box, growing and shrinking from babyhood to adulthood in moments. He watched this for some time. He had to help her! He pulled on this... Whatever it was, until it came off and a baby sat before him, crying. There was something etched into the glass.

Anna Merope Gaunt. Born May 22nd, 1924.

    The man picked up the baby and she quieted a little. She looked at the man with big blue eyes. He frowned. What was a this doing all the way out here? He turned around and headed back home.
    He set the child down. She looked at him and he shivered. She wasn't crying anymore. She looked like she knew something.


    The next morning, he brought the child to an orphanage.
    “What's her name?” the manager said.
    “Er... Anna Merope Gaunt.” said the man.
    “When was she born?” the manager asked. She frowned as she looked at the child.
    “May twenty-second.” the man replied.
    “Well, then. You said you found her abandoned?” the manager asked.
       “Yes, Mrs. Carrin. I found her without anyone there.” he said.
“Well, we'll take good care of her. Good day to you, Sir.” said Mrs. Carrin and the man left. The baby looked watched him leave. And then looked back at the woman. One name burned into her memory.
    Tom Marvolo Riddle.



Chapter one


    I was staring at the street from her bedroom window, fingering my necklace. I smiled when I saw a person appear from thin air on the exact place where I was looking. I snapped a picture of the woman and then looked at it. I looked at the woman again and, to my surprise, saw her walking towards the orphanage.
    I got off my bed and walked to the door. I opened it and walked to the staircase.
    “You want to see who?” Mrs. Carrin said.
    “Anna Riddle.” a woman's voice said.
    “I apologize, but we don't have anyone in the system named Anna Riddle.” Mrs. Carrin said.
    “Perhaps you know her middle name? It's Merope. Anna Merope Riddle?” the woman's voice pleaded.
    I stood and walked downstairs. “Gaunt. Not Riddle. Gaunt.” I said as I entered the room.
    “Anna! Away with you.” said Mrs. Carrin. I didn't pay attention. I looked at the woman and walked up to her.
    “Who are you?” I asked.
    “I am Professor Ives.” she said. I tilted my head and said “I have been known as Riddle before... I forget.”
    “Anna! Go back to your room.” said Mrs. Carrin. I looked at her and said “Yes, Mrs. Carrin. Of course. Good day, Professor Ives.” and I was about to leave when that accursed name popped up again. I turned to her and said “Does the name Tom Marvolo Riddle mean anything to you?”
    Professor Ives stood and said “You're the one. I would like to speak with Anna in private.”
    “Why? What does this... Riddle person have anything to do with?” Mrs. Carrin asked. Professor Ives took out some paper and said “Here. This will clear everything up.”
    I glanced at the paper. It had nothing on it. I smiled as Mrs. Carrin "read" it and said “Very well.” and she went back to work.
    “Why don't you show me your bedroom, Anna?” Professor Ives asked. I led her up there and said “It's not much, but make yourself at home. Anyway, who's Tom Riddle? Do you know him?”
    “Not... Personally. But anyways, let's get right to it. You can do things, can't you, Anna? Things that other people can't?” she asked.
    “You can too.” I said. “I've seen you appear on the corner there.” and I pointed. “You look at my window and then leave again.”
    “Yes, well... What things can you do?” she asked.
    “Oh, I can do thousands of things. I can float in the air for a moment when I want to. I can make things move with my eyes. I can make people do what I want, like get out of my room when I want them to leave.” I said. “I can climb trees better than the boys can. I can run very fast. Can you do those things? Are there more of us?”
    “Yes, Anna. There are lots and lots of us. A world of wizards and witches. You see, I am a witch. You are too.” she said. She pulled a letter out of her pocket and said “This is for you.”
    I opened the letter.

   Dear Miss. Riddle,

   We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
   Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

   Yours sincerely,

   Minerva McGonagall
   Headmistress

    I looked at her and said “Owl?”
    “The letter back, if you wish to go. The way Wizards and Witches send letters are by owls.” said Professor Ives. I looked at the letter. There was a second page too that looked like a shopping list.

   UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1.Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.


   COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
 
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble


   OTHER EQUIPMENT


1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring and owl OR a cat OR a toad.


   PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

    I looked it over and said “Is this some sort of... No. I can tell it's not.”
    I had a sudden memory. Like a dream of bricks moving to make a gateway into a magical ally.
    “Where do I go to get these things?” I asked.
    “Diagon Ally.” Professor Ives said. I looked at the letter again and said “I don't have much money.”
    “The school will provide money for you.” she said. She pulled out a bag and said “You will have to buy a few of your things second-hand. Now, I can send someone to go with you, if you like, or you can go alone.”
    I looked at her and said “Could you send someone? I couldn't stand going alone!”
    “Of course. I shall send someone immediately. Are you sure you would like to go?” she asked.
    “Yes! Oh, yes!” I said. I stopped and then said “There's something you should know. I can talk to snakes. They find me and whisper to me. Is that unusual?”
    “Yes, but it's not unheard of.” she said, but she looked slightly scared of me now.
    “Okay. I shall see you at school, Professor. Have a good journey back.” I said. She nodded and then walked out.
    I looked at my list and sat down. I had been through this before. I was sure of it. But I didn't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment